- Contact online bookstores in Turkey because they haven't listed my book yet (it is, however, listed in Finland, India, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, the UK, and Poland).
- Contact bricks-and-mortar English bookstores in Turkey to see if they will carry my book.
- Write to study abroad organizations that organize trips to Turkey to encourage them to publicize my book to their clients/students.
- Send application to Pearson, an academic publisher, to see if they'd be interested in publishing an ESL version of my book (modified).
- Contact independent bookstores in Colorado to see if they'd be willing to host a book reading or book signing when I visit.
- Write to more book review websites to see if they'll review my book.
- Send the reviews to the agent who has my book - I haven't heard from her, but I want to remind her that I exist.
- Write to/call newspapers that might print an article about me - local newspaper in Washington, where I most recently lived, local newspaper in Colorado where I went to high school, my college and graduate school....
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
I don't remember any other thing I've done that required so much waiting. When I was a teacher, I created lesson plans and taught, I sometimes gave seminars and lectures to other teachers at conferences. When I worked for the state government, I created and filed forms, drank my tea, and brainstormed better ways to run our program. Sure, I submitted articles and chapter proposals for academic publications and had to wait for responses about their acceptance, but it just didn't feel like such a big deal. But now... it's different. Maybe because I don't have anything else intellectual going on, but this waiting to hear from contest entries, from blog hosts on which I've applied to guest blog, from reviewers is making me lose my mind. There's so much other stuff that I want - and need - to do in order to promote my book, but I need these professional reviews from Kirkus Indie and the Midwest Book review before I can do the other things on my list. Here's my list: