Tuesday, July 19, 2011

To-Do List

I suppose if your book is picked up by a publisher, they still expect you to do lots of editing, but they take care of the rest - the cover, the formatting, the electronic formatting, the publicity, the book review requests. But that's all up to me, and I'm learning. I've got an almost-perfect (as perfect as it's gonna get) version of my book. Levent just needs to read over it one more time to catch the things that I didn't catch, before I upload it electronically to Amazon.com, BN.com, and iBooks. I have to change the formatting before converting it to a format that they accept, too - the formatting doesn't work the same way on Word as it does on EPUB.

Here's what else I am working on:
  • my cover art
  • a letter to send to newspapers, etc... for publicity purposes
  • a list of places who will receive my publicity letter
  • creating a blog for myself where friends, family, and unknown readers can contact me
  • a one-paragraph summary of my book - like the kind of thing you'd find on the back cover of a book

No comments:

Post a Comment